Job Search Requirements
- Be 21 years of age or older and legally authorized to work in the United States for at least two (2) years consecutively beginning the first day of your job search
- Be proficient in both spoken and written English;
- Complete the assignments and steps that appear on your Careers dashboard for the relevant program within 60 days of passing the final verification and before your job-seeking start date;
- Be responsive to communications from the The Cambridge Center Career Services team, including but not limited to Career Coaching and Business Development, within three business days (or within reason accounting for unforeseen or extenuating circumstances);
- Complete two mock interviews with your Career Coach or other representative of The Cambridge Center;
Be available, if invited, to interview for a minimum of three interviews per week;
On a weekly basis, update your job-search tracking report with a written summary of job-seeking activities;
- Spend at least 35 hours/week on applications, interviews, and other job-search activities condoned by The Cambridge Center Career Strategies department. Keep a journal of such activities.
Submit responses to any code-challenges associated with any job application on-time or within one week of receipt if due date is not specified;
Upon request by The Cambridge Center, provide evidence of attending all scheduled interviews;
Post at least 5 GitHub commits per week to your public GitHub profile;
Post at least 1 technical blog post per week on a public URL that can be verified by The Cambridge Center;
- Email your Career Coach within one business day, of receipt of any job offer, including the date of the job offer, name and address of the entity extending the offer, and the title and compensation rate of the position being offered;
- Be willing to work in person within a reasonable commuting distance from the main work or residence address from which you are job-seeking, and be willing to work remotely; and
- Have not received and accepted an offer for any paid full-time job (an average of 30 hours or more per week) or two (2) or more part-time jobs aggregating an average of 30 hours or more per week) as an employee, apprentice, intern or independent contractor: (i) after completion of the relevant program, in any field; or (ii) during your participation in, and prior to your completion of, the relevant program, that meets the definition of a Qualifying Job Offer.
- Qualifying Job Offers contingent upon a background check or drug test will be considered to satisfy the requirement at the time of receipt; recipients of Qualifying Job Offers that are revoked following an employer-initiated drug test or background check will not be eligible for any tuition refund.